What Is The Cost Of Intensive Outpatient Programs
Intensive outpatient treatment programs involve a person going to a facility for at least 9 hours per week to receive treatment services.9 The number of hours can increase depending on the level of care a person needs. Duration of treatment varies however, 90 days is a common recommendation.9 The cost of intensive outpatient programs will vary depending on the types of services you receive and the level of care. Care may include:2, 4, 9
- Focus on relapse prevention.
- Continuing care planning.
Types Of Addiction Treatment And Costs
Below is a breakdown of the estimated cost of drug and alcohol treatment. Keep in mind that this is just an estimate since every treatment center is different. However, if you or a loved one needs treatment, its a good idea to have a sense of the cost. Individuals can expect the following:
- Detox: Most treatment plans usually start with some type of detoxification. Most drug and alcohol detox programs only last a few days. The average cost is $1,000 to $1,500. The breakdown of these costs depends on what services you need.
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Services: On average, inpatient rehab lasts 30 to 90 days. During inpatient rehab, you will stay at a facility and incur a wide range of costs. These costs could add up to $7,000 all the way to $70,000. Again, it depends on the extent and duration of your treatment.
- Outpatient Rehab: Since you will not be staying at a facility during your treatment, your costs will come down considerably. Most outpatient rehab treatment programs cost around $6,000. Some can be as high as $10,000.
- Medication-assisted treatment is often necessary if you are coming off an opioid-based drug or a long, intense addiction. The average cost for treatment is $4500. In addition, the cost may be ongoing if you stay on the treatment for a while.
The Collateral Costs Of Alcohol And Substance Use Disorders
Addiction impacts a persons ability to function in society, and that includes being able to hold down a job. If a person uses drugs and becomes the subject of a random drug test, they risk being fired in some states and face criminal charges for drug use. Using drugs within the workplace can lead to termination, which translates into months or even years of lost income. Using drugs regularly can also lead to poor perception and increased degenerative illnesses.
Both of these carry their own costs of treatment which could run into the tens or even hundreds of thousands. Compared to inpatient or outpatient rehab costs, these figures are minuscule. The cost of remaining addicted to a substance is clearly and significantly more than choosing treatment.
Recommended Reading: How Do You Know If Someone Is Addicted To Xanax
Cost Of Drug Rehab In Maine
Maine ties for 10th cheapest state for residential drug rehabilitation services . Kentucky and Maine share the same average cost for outpatient drug rehabilitation services. The number of recorded non-fatal overdoses in Maine was roughly under 9k in 2021.
- In Maine there are 220 active treatment facilities.
- 14,550 patients are treated annually for drug rehab in Maine.
- 14,325 patients enroll in Maine drug rehab outpatient services annually.
- 1.06% or $24.49 million of the U.S. publics total is spent on outpatient services in Maine.
- On average an individual patient in outpatient rehab in Maine can expect to pay $1,709.
- 185 patients enroll in Maine drug rehab residential services.
- 0.2% or $10.38 million of the U.S. publics total is spent on residential treatment in Maine.
- On average an individual enrolled in Maine residential rehab can expect to pay $56,108.
- 40 patients are in Maine hospitals for drug rehab.
- 1 facility in Maine offers free drug rehab treatment for all clients.
The Annual Cost Of Addiction To Cocaine: $8000+
According to recent reports in Business Insider, the price of Cocaine has remained steady for decades. A pure gram is about $150, with most spending around $100 for less-potent amounts. This is commonly broken down into about 10 lines or an average of 25 bumps. Commonly, Cocaine is abused with other illicit substance like Marijuana, alcohol, or other stimulants . A gram of Cocaine may last a few hours, a day, or weeks depending on the severity of addiction. The severe addiction-sufferer can easily spend $100 per day or $36,500 a year most will spend between $8,000 and $10,000 yearly.
Recommended Reading: Do You Get Addicted To Antidepressants
Type Of Treatment And Rehabilitation Costs
There is no single method of treating drug addiction. Research in the area focuses on identifying broad ways that combine various tactics to treat specific forms of addiction. Hence, it is in the practice to describe treatments for drug addiction under broad categories. The classes usually are based on the similarity of methods that therapists use to address the problems of their patients.
One of the most common approaches to treating drug addiction use today is the Therapeutic Community. For this form of treatment of addiction, a patient is supposed to stay at a facility for long. Extended stays are necessary for therapists to help the patient to learn to socialize with a new group of individuals. By so doing, therapists help a patient to identify and break the habits that support substance abuse. This form of treatment is the costliest one because a patient must use the facilities of a rehabilitation center for many months.
How To Find Alcohol And Drug Addiction Treatment Near Me
Addiction treatment programs can be an important investment in your health and well-being. If you or a loved one has been affected by drug or alcohol misuse, help is available. You may be wondering, how can I find addiction counseling or rehab near me? Maybe you want to find out about cocaine rehabs near you, crystal meth rehabs near you, amphetamine rehabs near you, opioid rehabs near you, ecstasy rehabs near you or alcohol or drug detox near you. Perhaps you want to learn the cost of rehab without insurance, the cost of 30-day or 90-day rehab programs or how much treatment costs on average at a residential rehabilitation center. You may be looking to enquire about specialized treatment options such as programs for women only or rehabilitation programs for teens.
You can find addiction treatment and information through various resources, including the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administrations National Helpline. You can also call the caring admissions navigators at American Addiction Centers for free at . AACs team are available 24/7 to help you find treatment at AAC facilities, answer questions about rehab options or check your insurance coverage.
Recommended Reading: How To Cure An Internet Addiction
Cost Of Drug Rehab In Washington
Washington is the 14th cheapest state for residential drug rehabilitation treatment services . Oklahoma, Oregon, Washington, and Illinois share the same average cost for outpatient rehabilitation services. Roughly 90% of those addicted to alcohol or illicit drugs did not receive treatment for their disorders in the state of Washington.
- In Washington there are 514 active substance abuse clinics.
- 44,959 clients in Washington are serviced annually for drug rehab.
- 43,104 clients enroll in Washingtons drug rehab outpatient services annually.
- 3.18% or $73.46 million of the U.S. publics total is spent on outpatient services in Washington.
- On average an individual patient in outpatient rehab in Washington can expect to pay $1,704.
- 1,790 clients enroll in Washingtons drug residential services.
- 1.95% or $101.2 million of the U.S. publics total is spent on residential treatment in Washington.
- On average an individual enrolled in Washington residential rehab can expect to pay $56,539.
- 65 clients are in Washingtons hospitals for drug rehab.
- 8 facilities in Washington offer free drug rehab treatments for all clients.
Cost Of Drug Rehab In Oklahoma
Oklahoma is the 5th cheapest state for residential rehabilitation services . Oklahoma, Oregon, Washington, and Illinois share the same average cost for outpatient rehabilitation services. Oklahoma ranks 2nd in the nation for highest rate of substance abuse disorders.
- In Oklahoma there are 218 active substance abuse clinics.
- 23,332 clients in Oklahoma are treated annually for drug rehab.
- 22,233 clients enroll in Oklahomas drug rehab outpatient services annually.
- 1.64% or $37.88 million of the U.S. publics total is spent on outpatient services in Oklahoma.
- On average an individual patient in outpatient rehab in Oklahoma can expect to pay $1,704.
- 1,048 clients enroll in Oklahomas drug residential services.
- 1.1% or $57.09 million of the U.S. publics total is spent on residential treatment in Oklahoma.
- On average an individual enrolled in Oklahoma residential rehab can expect to pay $54,475.
- 51 clients are in Oklahomas hospitals for drug rehab.
- 10 facilities in Oklahoma offer free drug rehab treatment for all clients.
Don’t Miss: How Long Does It Take To Get Addicted To Morphine
Executive Drug And Alcohol Rehab Facilities
Executive rehab drug and alcohol rehab facility centers are designed to suit the needs of high-profile clients, such as professional athletes, business professionals, CEOs, celebrities, and politicians in need of discreet yet functional addiction treatment. These facilities are ideal because they allow executives to continue to participate in their career duties during treatment.
Does Insurance Cover Rehab
You will find that many types of insurance cover the cost of addiction treatment and rehab. In the past few years, the Affordable Care Act made it mandatory for insurance policies issued under the state health exchanges and through Medicaid programs under the ACA expansion to provide coverage for addiction treatment.4
Some insurance options are listed below:
- Private insurance policies will often cover at least a portion of rehab costs.
- Military insurance is provided by TRICARE and covers most inpatient and outpatient rehab services.
- Medicaid is a federal program providing health coverage, including for substance abuse, to eligible groups such as low-income families, qualified pregnant women and children, and individuals receiving Supplemental Security Income .
- Medicare offers healthcare, including addiction treatment, to Americans who are 65 or older and to young people with disabilities.
You can visit your insurance carriers website or call the phone number listed on the back of your insurance card to find out what services your policy covers. You can also contact to speak to a specialist who will help you find a rehab that accepts your insurance.
Recommended Reading: How To Beat Any Addiction
How Much Does Outpatient Rehab Cost
Outpatient addiction treatment allows you to continue living and working at home while undergoing treatment and typically costs less than inpatient treatment. This type of program will involve focused but not around-the-clock care and often includes group and individual therapy sessions. Drug rehab costs for outpatient programs will vary based on the type of care offered and the length of time you spend in treatment.
Types of outpatient care include therapy and counseling, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient care.1, 2, 4
Cost Of Drug Rehab In Oregon
Oregon ranks 42nd in cheapest to most expensive state for residential drug abuse treatment. Oklahoma, Oregon, Washington, and Illinois share the same average cost for outpatient rehabilitation services. Oregon is among ten other states with the highest rates of substance abuse for groups aged 12 and older and groups aged 26 and older.
- In Oregon there are 265 active substance abuse clinics.
- 20,268 clients in Oregon are treated annually for drug rehab.
- 19,520 clients enroll in Oregons drug rehab outpatient services annually.
- 1.44% or $33.26 million of the U.S. publics total is spent on outpatient services in Oregon.
- On average an individual patient in outpatient rehab in Oregon can expect to pay $1,704.
- 705 clients enroll in Oregons drug residential services.
- 0.8% or $41.52 million of the U.S. publics total is spent on residential treatment in Oregon.
- On average an individual enrolled in Oregon residential rehab can expect to pay $58,894.
- 43 clients are in Oregons hospitals for drug rehab.
- 1 facility in Oregon offers free drug rehab treatment for all clients.
You May Like: How To Help Someone Overcome Addiction
Get Addiction Treatment Irrespective Of Costs
Alcohol and substance abuse addiction treatment costs may seem overwhelming when one considers how expensive is rehab. But when compared to the costs that addiction incurs in the form of lost work productivity, healthcare, crimes, and incarceration, the cost of addiction treatment would still be considered less.
There are different options of rehab facilities available, each with its own costs and expenses, which ensures that one can find a facility that best suits them. How much does rehab cost should never be a reason for an addict to not opt for treatment and be able to achieve better health and sobriety.
Hope Without Commitment
Cost Of Drug Rehab In Kentucky
Kentucky ranks 33rd in cheapest to most expensive state for residential drug rehabilitation treatment . Kentucky and Maine share the same average cost for outpatient drug rehabilitation services. Kentucky adults are twice as likely to enter a drug treatment program if a friend or family member intervenes on their behalf.
- In Kentucky there are 523 active substance treatment facilities.
- In Kentucky, 28,452 clients are treated annually for drug rehab.
- 25,680 clients enroll in Kentucky drug rehab outpatient services annually.
- 1.90% or $43.89 million of the U.S. publics total is spent on outpatient services in Kentucky.
- On average an individual patient in outpatient rehab in Kentucky can expect to pay $1,709.
- 2,548 clients enroll in Kentucky drug rehab residential services.
- 2.8% or $145.3 million of the U.S. publics total is spent on residential treatment in Kentucky.
- On average an individual enrolled in Kentucky residential rehab can expect to pay $57,033.
- 224 clients are in Kentucky hospitals for drug rehab.
- 9 facilities in Kentucky offer free drug rehab treatment for all patients.
Read Also: How To Know Your Addicted To Alcohol
Type Of Treatment Program
There are four main types of substance abuse treatment programs: inpatient treatment programs, partial hospitalization programs, intensive outpatient programs, and outpatient treatment programs.
Inpatient treatment involves living at a rehab facility so you can receive 24/7 care and supervision. Its often the most expensive option, ranging from about $200 to $900 per day.
A partial hospitalization program is outpatient, meaning you live at home while regularly attending a treatment center. Most people attend PHPs at least five days a week. As the most intensive form of outpatient care, a PHP typically costs $350 to $450 per day.
An intensive outpatient program is slightly less intensive than a PHP. Most people attend these programs about three days a week. Prices generally range between $250 and $350 per day.
An outpatient rehab program is the least intensive form of addiction treatment. It often involves only one day of treatment per week. It usually costs between $150 and $250 per day.
How Much Does Alcohol Rehab Cost
Just like with addiction treatment more generally, there is no universal and average cost of alcohol rehab.
The price of treatment for alcohol use disorder is contingent on many factors, including:
- Length of treatment
National Drug Helpline data shows the following average costs for alcohol rehab:
- 90-day outpatient program: $1,400 to $10,000
- 30-day intensive outpatient program: $3,000 to $10,000
- Inpatient rehab: $5,000 to $80,000, depending on the length of stay
Even if you look at these costs and find them initially overwhelming, it is always possible to find a way to fund addiction treatment.
The ACA compels health insurance providers to offer coverage for drug addiction and alcohol addiction.
In the case of an alcohol use disorder, youll need to check the details of your policy closely. Many insurance providers only cover up to 30 days in residential rehab. If you have been drinking heavily for decades, this may not be long enough for your needs.
Don’t Miss: How To Come Off Sugar Addiction
Is Rehab Worth It
Yes, drug addiction treatment can be expensive, but it reduces drug use and the costs associated with it. Besides spending less on drugs and alcohol, treatment can help you repair your interpersonal relationships, give you greater productivity at work, and fewer drug- or alcohol-related accidents and legal fees.
Cost Of Drug Rehab In Kansas
Kansas ranks 17th in cheapest to most expensive state for residential drug rehabilitation services . Kansas is among the top 10 cheapest states for outpatient drug rehabilitation treatment. Roughly half of all overdose deaths in Kansas are due to opioids.
- In Kansas there are 186 active substance abuse clinics.
- In Kansas, 10,492 clients are serviced annually for drug rehab.
- 9,556 clients enroll in Kansas drug rehab outpatient services annually.
- 0.7% or $16.17 million of the U.S. publics total is spent on outpatient services in Kansas.
- On average an individual patient in outpatient rehab in Kansas can expect to pay $1,692.
- 825 clients enroll in Kansas drug rehab residential services.
- 0.9% or $46.71 million of the U.S. publics total is spent on residential treatment in Kansas.
- On average an individual enrolled in Kansas residential rehab can expect to pay $56,618.
- 111 clients are in Kansas hospitals for drug rehab.
- 1 facility in Kansas offers free drug rehab treatment for all clients.
You May Like: How To Stop Electronic Addiction
How Much Does Rehab Cost In The Uk
What This Page Coversshow
*This article has been medically reviewed by Dr Robert Lefever
Want to know how much rehab costs in the UK? We have all you need to know about drug and alcohol recovery, right here.
Rehab is the most effective addiction treatment. Whether its alcohol or another addiction, theres no denying the benefits of going to rehab clinics. For most people, your only experience of recovery comes through the media.Celebrities are pictured going to rehab, group therapy is shown in soap operas, and so on.
Consequently, theres a lot you dont know about addiction treatment. Addiction support is still avoided by some individuals who are suffering. Often, this is due to the cost of rehab.
This brings us onto arguably the most frequently asked question of all how much does rehab cost in the UK? Its not as simple as naming a figure there are many factors that may contribute to the overall costs.