Chile Struggles To Conquer Addiction Problems
Both government and non-government agencies battle against the countrys addiction problems. But as noted above, only 7,000 people are treated each year for addiction, out of a total population of more than 16 million.
The correct solution, is of course, to teach people how to lead drug-free lives. But this solution must also include helping each addicted person recover their own integrity and feeling of self-worthqualities that are very often destroyed when one will do anything to acquire addictive substances.
The Narconon drug and alcohol rehabilitation program offers those addicted to alcohol, cannabis products or any other drug a chance to proceed through a drug treatment program at their own pace, rebuilding that destroyed life at their own pace. As part of this program, those in recovery often address the damage they have done to their relationships with family and friends. With the opportunity to face and deal with the problems that accompanied ones addiction, it is much easier to create an enjoyable, drug-free life.
Also Check: Is Binge Drinking An Addiction
Addictions Started Out Like Magical Pets Pocket Monsters They Did Extraordinary Tricks Showed You Things You Hadnt Seen Were Fun But Came Through Some Gradual Dire Alchemy To Make Decisions For You Eventually They Were Making Your Most Crucial Life
Gibson does a great job of explaining how the rush of drug abuse can go from enjoyable to a full blown addiction that controls a persons waking thoughts and actions. Just like in a bad relationship, at the beginning, using drugs and alcohol may feel good. Love and addiction can have this in common. However, at a certain point, it becomes difficult to achieve the same initial high. As the body builds up a tolerance, increasing amounts of the substance are needed to feel the desired effects. At the same time, many begin to develop dependence, meaning without the drug, they will feel negative physiological and physical effects. These factors combined can lead to addiction. Things can quickly turn destructive as getting drunk or high becomes a priority.
Some try to recreate the feeling of the first time they used, struggling to recognize the level of control that alcohol and drugs now has over their lives. On a personal level, the costs of addiction are steep. Losing relationships, financial stability, personal freedoms, loss of custody of children, overdose and even death can be common outcomes for many. The societal costs of substance abuse are great at over $532 billion a year. This estimate includes costs from disease, premature death, lost productivity, theft, violence, law enforcement, prosecution, incarceration, and probation.
We Are All Different And Unique
We appreciate that everyone has different methods of motivating themselves and maintaining their own recovery. However, the simplest of things can sometimes help.
Even the act of searching for something to help motivate you can be cathartic in itself.
Explore our knowledge hub for a wealth of free information to help guide you to a healthier recovery from addiction.
We hope you will join us here at Recoverlution and use our first of a kind platform to connect with like minded others for unlimited support.
- No.1 Spinningfields Quay St. Manchester, M3 3JE, UK
You May Like: How To Give Up Sugar Addiction
What To Do Next
Despite the enormous weight words can carry, meaningful recovery also requires action. Committed and sustained action.
If youre struggling with substance abuse disorder or alcohol use disorder, dont keep fighting alone. The friendly team at Landmark Recovery is always ready and waiting for your call. Whether you need residential rehab or an intensive outpatient program, weve got you covered. Call us today at .
You May Like: How To Stop Being Addicted To Video Games
It Does Not Matter How Slowly You Go So Long As You Do Not Stop Confucius
The process of recovery is not short, but it is rewarding. Whether you are seeking treatment, have already completed a program, or are supporting your significant other on their recovery journey, time and commitment are required. Struggling with sobriety is normal and sometimes relapses do occur. However, it is important to focus on the daily goal of remaining sober, rather than getting stuck on past failures.
This is true for the addicts, alcoholics and their loved ones. As the partner of an addict, you too play an important role in the recovery process. Some days you may struggle and feel as though your partner is not making as much headway as you would like. It is important to maintain healthy boundaries during this time. Avoiding criticizing them or pushing them to progress faster. Also, do not blame yourself. There are many ways in which you can offer support, while avoiding codependency. Allow your loved one to take ownership over their sobriety and recognize their small victories. Recovery is a continuous journey and some days will be harder than others, but do not stop.
Also Check: Kaiser Permanente Addiction Treatment Center
Quotes About Addiction Recovery
Recovery And Addiction Quotes To Shine A Light
106. Where there is life there is hope. Ron Grover
107. If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced. Vincent Van Gogh
108. Nobody stays recovered unless the life they have created is more rewarding and satisfying than the one they left behind. Anne Fletcher
109. The goal isnt to be sober. The goal is to love yourself so much that you dont need to drink. Anonymous
110. Even in the midst of devastation, something within us always points the way to freedom. Sharon Salzberg
111. Recovery is about progression, not perfection. Anonymous
112. You must do the things you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt
113. Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life. J.K. Rowling
114. If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome. Michael Jordan
115. What is addiction really? Its a sign, a signal, a symptom of distress. Its a language that tells about a plight that must be understood.Alice Miller
Read Also: Coping Skills In Addiction Recovery
Recovery And Addiction Quotes To Help You See The Brighter Side
31. Once I was clear-headed, and I hadnt been clear-headed in so long, I was like, I can never go back. And Im still thankful. Travis Barker
32. Either you run the day, or the day runs you. Jim Rohn
33. Of course motivation is not permanent. But then, neither is bathing but it is something you should do on a regular basis. Zig Ziglar
34. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. Walt Disney
35. My recovery from drug addiction is the single greatest accomplishment of my life but it takes work hard, painful work but the help is there, in every town and career, drug/drink freed members of society, from every single walk and talk of life to help and guide. Jamie Lee Curtis
36. If it wasnt for that rehab center, I probably wouldnt have been here. In terms of recovery, it has been very important for me to be a part of a recovery community, to actively be around my people because they understand me. They get it. Macklemore
37. The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything. Bishop W.C. Magee
38. Understanding the difference between healthy striving and perfectionism is critical to laying down the shield and picking up your life. Brené Brown
40. If you dont know where you are going, youll end up someplace else. Yogi Berra
Quotes For Finding Strength During Recovery
Recovering from addiction requires great fortitude and perseverance. However, you have that strength within yourself. If you find yourself wavering, be buoyed by the love of your family and friends, guided by the advice of recovered addicts who have walked the same path, and encouraged by these quotes.
We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting each thing that comes up, seeing it is not as dreadful as it appeared, discovering we have the strength to stare it down. – Eleanor Roosevelt, first lady
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. – Henry Ford, founder of Ford Motor Company
Sometimes when in a dark place you think youve been buried, when actually youve been planted. – Christine Caine, author
Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking of what we want to become. Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking about who we dont ever want to be again. – Shane Niemeyer, athlete and motivational speaker
Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls the most massive characters are seared with scars. – Khalil Gibran, writer
The way to measure your progress is backward against where you started, not against your ideal. – Dan Sullivan, entrepreneur
When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure. – Peter Marshall, minister
Don’t Miss: How To Stop Addiction Cravings
Unchain My Heart: The Real Impact Of Booze
Anyone who has experienced alcohol abuse firsthand knows how heartbreaking it can be. The emotional and relational damage left in its wake is devastating. Did you know this heartache is more than figurative? Believe it or not, the abuse of …
She Goes From One Addiction To Another All Are Ways For Her To Not Feel Her Feelings Ellen Burstyn American Actress
There is also an important emotional element that Burystn addresses. Many addicts use drugs and alcohol as a coping mechanism to avoid difficult emotions and trauma. Child abuse, maltreatment, neglect, mental health issues and having substance abusing parents are all risk factors for addiction. This means a person who has experienced one of these issues may be more likely to develop an addiction. Drugs and alcohol can help a person numb feelings associated with these difficult experiences.
Don’t Miss: 12 Step For Food Addiction
The Journey To Recovery Begins Here
These and other addiction recovery quotes are a great way to facilitate the process of early recovery. Read them every day. When paired with the support of drug and alcohol recovery centers, your chance for long-term recovery is higher and your future is bright! You will start and continue to do amazing things, and you, as well as others, will notice your amazing progress in recovery.
Are you or a loved one possibly suffering from drug and alcohol addiction? Youre not alone. At Landmark Recovery, weve built a reputation for providing treatment to individuals seeking help for drug and alcohol addiction. Youre not just a number to us, and our team of dedicated professionals is waiting to greet you with compassion, understanding and respect.
Its never too late to start the recovery process. Whenever you are ready to take the first steps to overcome addiction, call for more information. Landmark Recovery will be here for you.
Addiction Quotes To Help You Achieve It
41. The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you cant achieve it. Jordan Belfort
42. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke
43. Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. Helen Keller
44. Keep steadily before you the fact that all true success depends at last upon yourself. Theodore T. Hunger
45. Happiness is where we find it, but rarely where we seek it. J. Petit Senn
46. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down.
If youre enjoying these quotes, youll love our collection of second chances quotes that will inspire you to take life by the horns and give that goal another go.
47. The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Confucius
48. Opportunities multiply as they are seized. Sun Tzu
49. Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change. Wayne W. Dyer
50. I cant change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. Jimmy Dean
Also Check: What Are The Three Types Of Addiction
Famous Musicians Who Have Battled Drug Addiction And Alcoholism
1. Ozzy Osbourne Rockstar Ozzy Osbourne has long struggled with addiction. In fact, his heavy alcohol and drug abuse led to him being fired from Black Sabbath in 1978. 2. Kurt Cobain Kurt Cobain got to know his wife Courtney Love while they used …
Drug Addiction Recovery Quotes For Inspiration
The path to recovery is never easy. Its important to always keep yourself motivated and remind yourself why you are in this journey. One way to source inspiration is to read and share inspirational quotes that can help you stay on-track.
When you fill your mind with positive thoughts, this could help you feel better and push away thoughts of depression and negativity. According to psychology and motivation expert Jonathan Fader, motivational quotes act as a self-coaching mechanism. Reading the quotes makes you realize that someone out there actually believes you can do whatever you want to archive. This makes it a powerful incentive to try harder and not give up on your pursuit.
Contact Us Today for a Confidential Assessment.Call Now to Speak with a Specialist
Sharing these quotes could also help other people who are in the same situation, especially with the popularity of quotes on social media. Sometimes seeing a timely saying in your news feed can really change your mood or how you approach your day. If you are in search of positive vibes, here are some of the best motivational quotes for people undergoing recovery.
If you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime.
Benjamin Alire Sáenz
One of the hardest things was learning that I was worth recovery.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Recovery is hard. Regret is harder.
Also Check: Inspirational Quotes For Addicts In Recovery
Inspirational Quotes Messages And Words To Overcome Addiction
As humans, when things get tough, we have a tendency to fall back into our old patterns. In order to overcome drug or alcohol addiction something that takes a lot of hard work and personal dedication we desperately need support and encouragement. When we read powerful and inspiring quotes, they make sense to us. The words resonate with us internally and have a positive impact they give us the push we need on our way to becoming our best selves.
If youre sick and tired of being sick and tired and contemplating sobriety, take a look at the five quotes below. They might just inspire you to take the first step towards the rest of your life.
Sometimes The Smallest Step In The Right Direction Ends Up Being The Biggest Step Of Your Life Tip Toe If You Must But Take The Step
Many blame themselves for not being where they want to in life. If you are in a dysfunctional relationship, you may feel like it is impossible for things to get better. If you are struggling with alcoholism or addiction, sobriety may feel like it is thousands of miles away. If you are dealing with both, you may feel even more hopeless. It is easy to get caught up in negative thought patterns or to feel like you arent capable of leading a healthy, addiction-free life like those around you. But focusing on those discouraging thoughts only prevent you from moving forward.
Small actions build over time, and taking that first small action will help you gain momentum to keep moving forward. Even if you are afraid that you will be unable to remain sober, the act of seeking treatment can change your life. If you or your loved one is struggling, take inspiration from these love and addiction quotes and make a change. Start by reaching out to a treatment center like Liberty Ranch that offers evidence-based programmingto learn more about next steps.
Recommended Reading: Signs And Symptoms Of Addiction
Recovery Quotes For Taking It One Step At A Time
Recovery is taking all twelve stepsover and over and over and over Toni Sorenson
Recovery is not a race. You dont have to feel guilty if it takes you longer than you thought it would. Unknown
Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, but instantly set about remedying them every day, begin the task anew. Saint Francis de Sales
The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Confucius
Recovery is something you have to work on every single day, and its something that doesnt get a day off. Demi Lovato
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. Confucius