Fixing The Addiction Counselor Crunch: One Universitys Plan To Help
Seventy-seven percent of counties across the country are currently suffering from severe shortages of behavioral health professionals. By 2025, the expected demand for treatment will create a shortage of over 15,000 workers. The lack of experts in …
View Our Image Slideshow Of Inspirational Addiction Quotes
Drug addiction recovery is a challenging experience. Fortunately, many resources are available to help you along the way.
Some people like to read drug and sobriety quotes first thing in the morning as a way of starting their day off on a positive note. Others prefer to read quotes before bed as a way of getting themselves ready for sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson and Mahatma Gandhi have said some really inspiring things about addiction.
Drugs Take You To Hell Disguised As Heaven Donald Lyn Frost
Does this quote ring true to you? Using drugs and alcohol can feel like the perfect way to escape life stressors and other difficult issues. When a person is drunk or high they may experience positive and euphoric feelings. At the same time, substances can dull emotions and make painful feelings disappear temporarily. For this reason, many people end up using substances to cope with emotional pain, bad memories, poor sleep, guilt, shame, anxiety, or terror.
Unfortunately, those moments of escape are only temporary and come with many consequences. When you become dependent on a substance, it can feel harder and harder to face reality without it. Additionally, once you are physically dependent, your body can quickly go into withdrawal without the substance, causing immense pain and cravings. Finances, relationships, and personal wellbeing all get sacrificed, while the underlying issues the person was struggling with tend only to worsen. The escape substances provided are temporary, but the costs can be permanent. The cure for the internal pain, actually creates a much worse problem. In other words, what seemed euphoric and like heaven, can quickly become a personal hell.
Read Also: How To Beat Crack Addiction
Addiction Recovery: The Best 55 Sayings And Recovery Quotes
Addiction recovery is one of the most challenging journeys of someones life. An addict may wake up to tough days with no desire to get better.
But some powerful sayings and quotes can save you from the temptation of going down the relapse road. Addiction recovery sayings and quotes reinforce your focus on the recovery path. They ignite a desire to be better and promote the will to stay strong. Their short but compelling message is the reason why they are passed for generations.
At Steps Recovery Centers, we wish to support our clients during treatment and beyond. You can have access to helpful information that helps you take steps to be proud of. So in this article, we list the most inspirational addiction recovery sayings and quotes we could find.
Recovery Quotes For Taking It One Step At A Time
Recovery is taking all twelve stepsover and over and over and over Toni Sorenson
Recovery is not a race. You dont have to feel guilty if it takes you longer than you thought it would. Unknown
Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, but instantly set about remedying them every day, begin the task anew. Saint Francis de Sales
The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Confucius
Recovery is something you have to work on every single day, and its something that doesnt get a day off. Demi Lovato
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. Confucius
Read Also: How Do People Become Addicted To Opioids
The Way To Measure Your Progress Is Backward Against Where You Started Not Against Your Ideal Dan Sullivan The Gain And The Gap
A pitfall that many struggle with while in recovery is feeling like they are not where they want to be. However, addiction cannot be solved in one day and becoming sober is just one step in the recovery process. The urge to simply get better can create feelings of shame, hopelessness, and even result in dry drunk syndrome or a relapse. Some even begin to resent others who dont struggle with addiction. It is easy to focus on what you havent achieved or how far from your goal you are. But rather than judge yourself for a lack of progress, think about how far you have come.
Comparing ones progress in recovery to that of others will only distract you from improving your life. Make an effort to congratulate yourself and recognize your progress. Or, if your loved one is in recovery, support them by letting them know how proud you are of their bravery and progress. Try and recognize their accomplishments, no matter how small rather than focus on the negative. Sometimes a few positive words can go a long way.
Recovery Quotes With Personal Stories And Personal Struggle
Don’t Miss: How To Get Away From Addiction
Where Can You Or Someone You Love Find Help With Alcohol And Drug Addiction
Addiction recovery is difficult. Renaissance Ranch offers free public Family Group education classes. Their programs include weekly education classes and therapy for the family, a 12-step family support program, and regular workshops. Addiction doesnt just affect the addicted individual. It affects everyone that is close to them. Thats why Renaissance Ranch decided to include the family in the healing process by treating the entire family. Not just the addict. For more information, contact Renaissance Ranch.
Drug Addict Boyfriend Quotes
- Substance abuse is a very real trap. Drugs and alcohol are very much like an abusive lover who treats you well at first and then beats you up, apologizes, gives you nice treatment for a while, and then beats you up again. The trap is in trying to hang in there for the good while trying to overlook the bad. Wrong. This can never work. Clarissa Pinkola Estés
- It is impossible to understand addiction without asking what relief the addict finds, or hopes to find, in the drug or the addictive behavior. Gabor Mate
- Recovery is a process. It takes time. It takes patience. It takes everything youve got. Unknown
- Addiction brings apathy. Break the apathy, and you break the addiction. Mango Wodzak
- No one consciously chooses addiction to a substance or behavior over his partner. There are always reasons powerful ones why a person retreats into addiction. Christopher Kennedy Lawford
The fight against addiction is very difficult because the behavior is deeply rooted in the brain.Addiction is a condition with far-reaching consequences. Families are torn apart, and trust is often broken.
Don’t Miss: How To Get Help For Drug Addiction
Best Drug Addiction Quotes To Aid Your Process
A Chinese proverb says, The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. It is never too late to turn your life around and begin a life of addiction recovery. There are numerous resources available to help recovering addicts along their way.
Reading the drug addiction recovery quotes and lines of the formerly addicted individuals can give comfort and inspiration for the addiction recovery journey. These drug addiction recovery quotes can inspire and sometimes these recovery quotes can help you look at your situation with humor.
These recovery quotes will remind you how drug use can affect your mind, body, and spirit.
In this article, we have listed some of the best quotes and sayings of popular personalities of all times.
These drug and alcohol addiction quotes have inspired many to reach out for the much-needed treatment. You can also use them to gain motivation in your recovery journey to stay drug-free.
Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit. Vince Lombardi on making drug addiction recovery a new habit
The priority of any addict is to anesthetize the pain of living to ease the passage of day with some purchased relief. Russell Brand
One of the hardest things was learning that I was worth recovery. Another diamond from Demi speaking the truth about addiction recovery
Addiction is an adaptation. Its not you-its the cage you live in. Johann Hari
Fall seven times, stand up eight. Japanese proverb
Inspirational Quotes For A Loved One & For Recovering Addicts
Are you struggling with an addiction or substance use disorder? If you or someone you love is fighting against substance abuse, the following addiction quotes will help on the journey towards recovery. For even more support, contact us today at We Level Up TX for addiction treatment options.
When you are fighting with an addiction, every bit of support is more than welcome. When the battle gets tough, it can be quite helpful to read or listen to inspirational individuals who successfully overcame their addiction.
You May Like: What Is Addiction To Alcohol
Recovery And Addiction Quotes To Elevate Your Perspective
66. Recovery is hard. Regret is harder. Brittany Burgunder
67. Every worth act is difficult. Ascent is always difficult. Descent is easy and often slippery. Mahatma Gandhi
68. Life doesnt get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient. Steve Maraboli
69. When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. Henry Ford
70. That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Friedrich Nietzsche
71. Remember just because you hit bottom doesnt mean you have to stay there. Robert Downey Jr.
72. Rising from the ashes, I am born again, powerful, exultant, majestic through all the pain. Shannon Perry
73. I guess the worst day I have had was when I had to stand up in rehab in front of my wife and daughter and say, Hi, my name is Sam, and I am an addict. Samuel J. Jackson
74. No matter how dark the night may get, your light will never burn out. Jeanette LeBlanc
75. Recovery is an acceptance that your life is in shambles, and you have to change it. James Lee Curtis
Get Inspired By These 101 Drug Addiction Quotes
1. Believe you can and youre halfway there. Theodore Roosevelt
2. I avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward. Charlotte Brontë
3. I hated every minute of training, but I said, Dont quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion. Muhammad Ali
4. Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. Every worthy act is difficult. Ascent is always difficult. Descent is easy and often slippery. Mahatma Gandhi
6. It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure. Joseph Campbell
7. The great thing in this world is not so much where you stand, as in what direction you are moving. Oliver Wendell Holmes
8. Ive been absolutely terrified every moment of my life and Ive never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do. Georgia OKeeffe
9. If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome. Michael Jordan
Don’t Miss: How To Stop Being Addicted To Drugs
Best Drug Addiction Quotes And Sayings Of All Time
August 06, 2020Addiction
Drug addiction recovery is a challenging experience. Fortunately, a tremendous amount of resources is available to help you along the way. Some of these can inspire, and others, well lets just say they let you look at your situation with humor.
In this post, well list 50 of our favorite drug addiction quotes and sayings of all time. Reading addiction recovery quotes from formerly addicted individuals can give you solace and inspiration for your recovery journey. Use this list to gain motivation to keep going along your recovery journey and stay drug-free.
1) The priority of any addict is to anaesthetize the pain of living to ease the passage of day with some purchased relief.
Russell Brand on drug abuse
2) This stuff, this Mexican sludge, just grabbed you by the fking heartstrings and tore me apart, he told Rolling Stone. All those years of snorting coke, and then I accidentally get involved in heroin after smoking crack for the first time. It finally tied my shoelaces together.
Robert Downey Jr. on facing the point when he faced the need for drug addiction recovery
3) Quitting smoking is easy. Ive done it a hundred times.
Mark Twain with a hard truth on addiction recovery.
4) Addiction is just a way of trying to get at something else. Something bigger. Call it transcendence if you want, but its a rat in a maze. We all want the same thing. We all have this hole. The thing you want offers relief, but its a trap.
Recovery Quotes About Fear
Fear lies at the heart of addiction. Fear of the unknown, of dealing with the painful things inside of us or that happened in our lives. But like FDR stated, We have nothing to fear, but fear itself. Chemicals are addictive because they make us temporarily forget about our fears. But in the end, if we dont deal with them, theyll only come back to haunt us
97. Not feeling is no replacement for reality. Your problems today are still your problems tomorrow. Larry Michael Dredla
98. What is an addiction, really? It is a sign, a signal, a symptom of distress. It is a language that tells us about a plight that must be understood. Alice Miller
99. The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one. Elbert Hubbard
100. Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Charlotte Whitton
101. You must do the things you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt
Also Check: Prescription Drugs For Alcohol Addiction
Addiction Recovery Quotes For Letting Go
Dont let the past steal your present. Terri Guillemets
Experience is not what happens to you it is what you do with what happens to you. Aldous Huxley
You have to break down before you can breakthrough. Marilyn Ferguson
I guess the worst day I have had was when I had to stand up in rehab in front of my wife and daughter and say, Hi, my name is Sam, and I am an addict. Samuel J. Jackson
People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them. George Bernard Shaw
Great Quotes About Recovery
As cliché as it may sound, motivational quotes, inspiring quotes, and meaningful quotes can really do what they are meant to do motivate, inspire, and provoke emotions.
Here is a list of some of our favorite quotes about recovery that do just that.
This is for all of those people out there who might have screwed up, time and time again. The realization that every day is literally a new day to prove that you can do this is a freeing feeling. Sobriety is worth it and even if you need a fourth, fifth, or fiftieth chance, every day is another day to try!
Easier said than done right? Yes, but one of the scariest parts about sobriety is the unknown, the fear of going without one of the things you have depended on for so long. Getting into treatment might be one of the scariest things you are going to do, or have done, but it is also what you most need to do.
Learning new habits can be hard, but sometimes its even harder to avoid or ignore old habits. Especially if they are literally or figuratively calling you every day. So, when you get that phone call or text from someone who does not know that youre in recovery, hang up, send it to voicemail, do what you need to do to keep yourself safe!
Here are a few more goodies:
Don’t Miss: How To Stop Being Addicted To Games